Bar And Bat Mitzvah

Hi today I’m going to tell you about what I learned in Jewish studies so far.

How does life change once you reach the age of Bar/Bat Mitzvah?

If you don’t already know  a bar or bat mitzvah is, it is a Jewish celebration for a 12 or 13 year old.  After this tradition the kid will officially become a Jewish adult when this happens some things will change. You will have more responsibility for your actions.

Why are the tallit and tefillin important? What purpose do they serve? 

Tallit: is a prayer shul it has 4 corners on it with fringes to remined us of the 613 mitzvot. Tallit is was typically worn by men everyday but after the Second Temple was destroyed, it was only used for praying.

Tefillin: is two black boxes with Torah parchment inside of them witch are attached to leather straps one box goes on the head and one goes on the arm. The one on the head represents our thoughts and the one on our arm represents our actions. Tefillin are worn during the morning prayers but not on Shabbat or holidays. Tefillin is important because it is used for praying and it is a way to connect to G-d.

What did you find interesting?

What I found interesting was why people used Tefillin. To me it was confusing but now I under stand the purpose of it.

Here are some images of Tallit and Tefillin.

Tallit

Tefillin